In this issue:
Member & Local News:
- Cangene Announces CEO Is Stepping Down
- Growing Forward Program Helps Agriculture Industry Become More Innovative, Competitive and Profitable
- Miraculins Retains Bloom Burton & Co. for Strategic Advisory Services
- DispersinB® Wound Spray Passes Final Biocompatibility Sub-Chronic Toxicity Test
Life Science in the News:
- Online Health Records Popular with Patients
- Majority of U.S. Students Lack Proficiency in Science, National Test Shows
- Delaying Hormone Therapy Lowers Breast Cancer Risk, Study in U.K. Finds
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here.