After becoming the first major bank in Canada to launch a mobile banking App last year, CIBC today announced another mobile innovation with the launch of the free CIBC Home Advisor App for all Canadians, that gives homebuyers access to helpful information, tools, and advice right from their iPhone or BlackBerry smartphone while they’re out house hunting.
“Buying a home and choosing the right mortgage are among the biggest financial decisions Canadians will make in their lifetime, which is why it’s so important they have the tools and advice to make an informed decision,” said Christina Kramer, Executive Vice President, CIBC. “With the CIBC Home Advisor App, all Canadians have access to advice and information in the palm of their hand.”
The CIBC Home Advisor App for iPhone and BlackBerry lets you:
- Track and compare properties visited by taking and storing your photos, and completing a homebuyer’s checklist for each home
- View neighbourhood maps and get immediate access to average property valuations and trends
- Request detailed neighbourhood reports for properties of specific interest
- Post, tweet, text or email details of the properties and neighbourhoods you are considering to share them with family and friends in real-time
- Access four different built-in calculators to help determine what you can afford, if you should rent vs. buy, the equity in your home, or your mortgage payment options
- Request a CIBC Pre-Approved Mortgage Certificate for financing to lock in an interest rate so you can search for your new home with confidence
- Contact the nearest CIBC Mortgage Advisor and arrange to meet wherever is most convenient for you to get advice on your mortgage options
“Canadians can now instantly review the homes they’ve just seen, learn about the neighbourhood, and start the pre-approval process all over a cup of coffee in between open houses,” says Kramer. “They could even be standing in the home of their dreams while they apply for a mortgage pre-approval and connect with a CIBC Mortgage Advisor to get advice.”
With the CIBC Home Advisor App, first time homebuyers and experienced homeowners alike can get answers to their questions along the way, with articles that provide helpful information about the purchase, financing, or sale of a home.
CIBC Home Advisor for BlackBerry has been certified a Super-App by RIM and leverages the BlackBerry Application Platform to integrate the specific user experience and BlackBerry features, including maps and GPS, social media, camera, and deliver an always-on experience.
The CIBC Home Advisor App is also available on the iPod Touch, which clients can use over a wi-fi connection. Clients can visit the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch for a free download of the CIBC Home Advisor App, or visit the BlackBerry App World on their BlackBerry smartphone.
CIBC provides its clients with among the most extensive choice for banking across Canada with nearly 1,100 branches, including 7-day a week branch banking and almost 4,000 ABMS, 24-hour access through mobile banking, telephone banking, and online banking through www.cibc.com.
For more information and advice, visit www.cibc.com/homeadvisor or your local CIBC branch, or call 1-800-465-CIBC (1-800-465-2422).
“With the CIBC Home Advisor App, all Canadians have access to advice and information in the palm of their hand.”
“Canadians can now instantly review the homes they’ve just seen, learn about the neighbourhood, and start the pre-approval process all over a cup of coffee in between open houses.”
“They could even be standing in the home of their dreams while they apply for a mortgage pre-approval and connect with a CIBC Mortgage Advisor to get advice.”
Christina Kramer, Executive Vice President, CIBC
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with nearly 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada, in the United States and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Press Centre on our corporate website at www.cibc.com.