In this issue:
Province Launches New Strategy to Expand Bio-Products Industry
Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit Program
BIOTECanada and PwC Life Sciences Industry Forecast
Member & Local News
- On January 11, 2011 BCC and LSAM hosted the “2011 Innovation Challenge”
- Province Announces 2011 AgriInsurance Program
- DiaMedica Announces New Data with its Novel Monoclonal Antibody Program
- Kane Biotech Announces Grant of Options
Life Science in the News
- Network to connect investors, start-ups: A secure Web portal will link Minnesota entrepreneurs and emerging projects with angel investors
- Canadians win Lasker prize for medical research
- Anti-bacterial infection technology spin-out secures venture capital
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here.