In this issue:
Member & Local News
- Valeant and Kadmon partner on 2 drugs for Hepatitis C
- Winnipeg one of the Smart21 Communities of 2011
- TRLabs and ASTRI Join Forces in eHealth Research and Development
- Manitoba Harvest’s CEO awarded Achievement Award at CFHA Expo East
- More than $9 Million in Funding for Manitoba Research Projects: Chomiak
Life Science in the News
- Hamilton gets first Innovation Centre
- Lufa Farms: World’s 1st Commercial-scale Production Greenhouse-on-a-roof Rises in Montreal
- U.S. biotech firm seeks Canadian stem cell patent
- Sweet International Win for Canadian Company
Mark Your Calendars
Access the newsletter here.
About the Life Science Association of Manitoba (LSAM):
LSAM represents all those involved in the Life Science Sector in Manitoba. The Life Science Sector focuses on the use of innovative biological tools and products, the creation of wealth and sustainability in the production of medical treatments, diagnostics, more-nutritional foods, energy, chemicals, and materials, while improving the quality of the environment.
The Life Science sector is a key to economic growth within the Province of Manitoba and is currently estimated to contribute more than 7% of the province’s GDP. In addition to generating value on its own, the Life Science sector is helping to grow and sustain competitiveness in ailing and traditional sectors of the economy, through the application of new and innovative products and processes.
To find out more about LSAM visit its website here.