How your organization can capitalize on trends in Canada’s tourism industry
Where is the Canadian tourism market headed? Which groups are traveling the most? Where are they going and how are they getting their travel information? Most importantly, how can organizations adapt for success? Find answers to these and other questions in Navigate – New directions in tourism, hospitality and leisure, a semi-annual industry publication by Deloitte and the Tourism Industry Association of Canada (TIAC) with input from the marketing research firm Ipsos. This report provides a comprehensive overview of current trends in the industry and the opportunities for tourism organizations
Highlights from the report include:
- This land is our land: 78% of Canadians are planning to travel domestically within the coming year.
- The power of youth: 88% of respondents between the ages of 18-24 plan to travel the same or more in Canada compared with last year.
- Caution in business class: 57% of respondents feel they are less likely to travel for business over the next year.
- A coastal conundrum: Although Canadians aspire to travel across the country, the cost means they are more likely to stay closer to home.
- Social media takes flight: 35% of Canadians polled use social media or mobile applications to communicate their experiences after travel.
Click here to download the report to learn more about these findings and their impact on the industry.
Deloitte, one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services through more than 7,700 people in 58 offices. Deloitte operates in Québec as Samson Bélair/Deloitte & Touche s.e.n.c.r.l. Deloitte & Touche LLP, an Ontario Limited Liability Partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, a Swiss Verein, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and its member firms.