Insightful Thinking: great ideas by great minds
Deloitte held an internal “Insightful thinking” contest that invited our Canadian practitioners to submit papers about innovative solutions to business issues. This resulted in an incredible array of thought-provoking leadership papers that will help organizations tackle major issues affecting multiple industry sectors. Many of Deloitte’s brightest minds from our Financial advisory, Enterprise risk and Consulting practices worked together to create a wide range of unique perspectives on topics like funding for higher educational institutions, governments in deficit, strengthening food safety, and more.
Let us share our ideas with you. Read the winning papers and watch the video.
The video: John Wang (Senior manager, Deloitte) asks some of the authors tough questions about major issues organizations face on a daily basis. What can companies do to ensure the safety of food supply? How can governments escape massive deficits fuelled by the recession? Other topics include funding for higher education, achieving a speedy post-merger integration, translating sustainability initiatives into economic value, and more. Learn from Deloitte’s most innovative thinkers.
The winning papers
- Returning to balance: Pragmatic solutions and untapped opportunities for governments in deficit
- Post-merger integration: When getting it done is more important than getting it (exactly) right: The inconvenient truths about achieving speed during post-merger integration
- The road to profitable risk managed growth: How unlocking siloed data can improve profitability
- Food safety: Beyond the standards: How to build a culture of food safety to protect your customers and your brand
- Sustainability: Show me the value: Translating sustainability actions into qualitative and quantitative economic value
- The risk intelligent bank: Why standardized risk approaches fail to assess rare and unexpected events that impact organizations
- Funding the future in challenging times: How asset optimization can help sustain and grow universities and colleges
- Buy and sell disputes: How to bolster your transactional and lending agreements
- Branded or private label?: Key success factors and attributes of branded and premium private label products in the food and beverage industry
- Control your destiny: Best practices for unlocking trapped value from outsourcing maturity assessment and vendor management design
Deloitte, one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services through more than 7,700 people in 58 offices. Deloitte operates in Québec as Samson Bélair/Deloitte & Touche s.e.n.c.r.l. Deloitte & Touche LLP, an Ontario Limited Liability Partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, a Swiss Verein, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and its member firms.