The World is Your Trading Floor
To View an HTML Social Media Version of This Release Please Visit http://www.smrmediaroom.ca/TDGlobalTrading
TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage today introduced Global Trading, the first platform of its kind in Canada. Global Trading provides direct online access to exchanges in 10 countries, allowing investors real-time access to leading European and Asian Pacific markets.
“This powerful new platform will provide Canadians with the speed and control they need to continue to diversify their investments and maximize their returns in today’s global markets,” says John See, President, TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage. “Through our Global Trading platform, Canadian investors are now able to act on these investment opportunities online.”
With Global Trading, investors can:
– Access 10 Global Markets: Investors can trade on the London, Sydney, Brussels, Paris, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Milan, Amsterdam, Singapore and Madrid exchanges.
– Trade in the currency of their choice: Investors can settle trades in seven currencies: the British Pound, Euro, Australian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, US Dollar and Canadian Dollar.
“North American exchanges represent only 35% of the global capital markets. Limiting your portfolio to U.S. and Canadian listed investments could mean missing out on a world of opportunities,” says Patricia Lovett-Reid, SVP, TD Waterhouse. “Through one trading platform, you can now build a truly diversified portfolio of blue chip North American companies, dividend yielding European equities as well as shares in faster growing Asian markets.”
In addition, investors can also:
– Pay a flat fee for most global trades: Most trades in international markets can be placed for a low flat rate.
– Access international research: To make informed investment decisions, investors will have access to investment data including company research, international research, real-time market data and charting capabilities from markets around the world.
– Receive live support, 24/7: TD Waterhouse Global Trading Specialists will answer questions from investors and assist with trades in English, French, Cantonese or Mandarin, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
– Access Global Trading through WebBroker: To access Global Trading, investors require a personal, single or joint TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage cash or margin account, with WebBroker access.
Investors can get started with two easy steps:
1. Sign on to WebBroker to access their cash or margin account with TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage. Select the Global Trading tab and complete the service agreement to gain Global Trading access.
2. Once they have received an email confirming their access has been set up with Global Trading, they can fund their Global Trading account extension by contacting a Global Trading Specialist at 1-866-802-3257.
For more information or to try a demo of the Global Trading Platform, investors can visit www.tdwaterhouse.ca/globaltrading or call a Global Trading Specialist at 1-866-802-3257.
About TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage
In addition to offering competitive commission rates, TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage provides self-directed investors with more investment research than any other discount brokerage in Canada, a choice of specialized trading platforms, and access to free educational seminars through the largest network of Investor Centres. Clients also have 24/7 access to dedicated Investment Representatives providing service in English, French, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
For more information about TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage, or to open an account, please visit www.tdwaterhouse.ca/discountbrokerage, or your local TD Waterhouse Investor Centre or any TD Canada Trust bank branch. TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage is a division of TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. TD Waterhouse Canada Inc. – Member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.
About TD Bank Financial Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Financial Group (TDBFG or the Bank). TDBFG is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves more than 18 million customers in four key businesses operating in a number of locations in key financial centres around the globe: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Canada Trust and TD Insurance; Wealth Management, including TD Waterhouse and an investment in TD Ameritrade; U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TDBFG also ranks among the world’s leading online financial services firms, with more than 6 million online customers. TDBFG had $603 billion in assets on July 31, 2010. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol “TD” on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
For further information: Maria Saros Leung, TD Bank Financial Group, [email protected], 416-983-4093; Carolyn Abbass, Steve Presant, Paradigm Public Relations, [email protected], [email protected]igmpr.ca, 416.203.2223