Outstanding contributions by provincial employees in the service of government and their communities were formally recognized today at the 12th annual Manitoba Service Excellence Awards.
“Civil servants strive to find new and better ways to assist Manitobans through the work they do,” said Innovation, Energy and Mines Minister Dave Chomiak. “Today’s inspirational award recipients and nominees exemplify the drive, commitment and dedication of those who provide public service on behalf of the province.”
A total of 314 government employees and 13 non-government employees were honoured for their exceptional efforts. This year, there were 36 nominations in seven categories. This year’s recipients are:
· Community Service Award – Anthony (Tony) Kavanagh, Manitoba Justice, Winnipeg.
· Innovation Award – Manitoba Floodway Authority, Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation, Winnipeg: Brent Amy, Bill Barnes, Gail Benson, Jackie Broda-Milian, Gord Brunette, Jim Caron, Bonnie Carvell, Jaime Clarke, Debbie Cook, Nancy DeVisser, Sandy Dimma, Ed Dorsch, Rodney Dychko, Gus Fiorino, Mike Foth, Julie Frederickson, Ernie Gilroy, Marnie Grimolfson, Kyla Hamilton, Daryl Harvey, Rick Hay, Graeme Hayward, Sarah-Jane Heke, Eileen Hepples, Sam Honcharik, Brian Lacey, Ron Lacoste, Anita Leclair, David Main, Henri Major, Ronuk Modha, Brian Olenick, Brendan O’Shaughnessy, Doug Peterson, Jason Robinson, Richard Rogers, Eric Rosenhek, Thomas Rozwadowski, Libardo Sepulveda, Leanne Shewchuk, Sandra Smith, Norma Spence, Peter Todman, Bonnie Tuck, Bruce Wishnowski, Patrick Zahari, Al Zaporzan, Ed Zegarac.
· Leadership Award – Shirley Swan, Civil Service Commission, Winnipeg.
· Service Excellence Individual Award – Ray Salmon, Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives, Stonewall.
· Service Excellence Team Award – Manitoba Health Pandemic H1N1 Influenza Incident Command Team, Manitoba Culture, Heritage and Tourism, Manitoba Health, Brandon and Winnipeg: Dr. Catherine Cook, Jean Cox, Gerry Delorme, Dr. Joel Kettner, Debbie MacKenzie, Tony Messner, Dr. Elise Weiss, Arlene Wilgosh.
· Partnership Award – Louisiana Pacific Ltd. (LP) Team partners: Manitoba Entrepreneurship, Training and Trade, Louisiana Pacific Ltd., Northern Manitoba Sector Council, Workplace Education Manitoba, Monica Cook, Carolee Despins, Jack Dyck, Sandi Howell, Kathy Jankiewicz, Eileen Johnson, Sheila Kingswell, Kim LaCarte, Doug Lauvstad, Donna Martin, Perry Samagalski.
· Premier’s Career Achievement Award – Amarjit (Amar) Chadha (30 years of service), Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation, Winnipeg.
“These awards recognize that recipients, nominees and countless other civil servants work hard to make Manitobans healthy, safe and prosperous,” said Chomiak. “It’s a pleasure to celebrate those efforts and encourage the dedication embodied by individuals and groups recognized today.”
Recipients are nominated by co-workers for their outstanding contributions as government employees and community volunteers.
The Manitoba Service Excellence Awards were established through Service Quality Partners in 1998 and presented for the first time the following year.