The award was presented to Don Streuber, President and CEO today at the 43rd Annual Supply Chain and Logistics Conference in Woodbridge, ON.
Bison Transport was selected for the company’s on-going commitment to reducing the amount of carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxide by continuing to improve upon the environmental performance of its freight operations.
Many of Bison’s fleet of 1050 tractors and 3000 trailers are equipped with fuel-efficient tires, transmissions and engines, trailer side fairings as well as auxiliary power units to reduce idling and in-cab computers to monitor fuel economy. In addition, Bison leads the industry in the use of Long Combination Vehicles (LCVs) which have shown to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40 per cent.
“As one of Canada’s largest transportation companies, we have a responsibility to our customers, and to the communities in which we operate when it comes to delivering eco-friendly transportation solutions” says Don Streuber. “We do this by combining state of the art technology with computer based training to ensure that our Fleet and our Drivers are the most fuel efficient on the road.”
About Bison Transport
Bison Transport is one of the largest Truckload Carriers in Canada today, offering award winning transportation solutions to the industry for over 40 years. As a high-service, dependable and value creating supply chain partner, Bison offers full truckload service, full service logistics, Intermodal, dedicated fleet operations, yard management and warehousing & distribution.
Bison is an active member of Natural Resources Canada’s FleetSmart Program as well as a SmartWay Transport Partner, a national and voluntary partnership of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
As a leader in the Truckload Transportation industry, Bison is well recognized for excellence in customer service, safety, energy efficiency, and business management. The list of awards includes the following:
- Government of Manitoba’s Round Table for Sustainable Development Award for Outstanding Achievement in Sustainability – 2009
- Volvo Trucks Safety Award – 2009
- Meridian IQ/SCL Award for Innovation – 2007
- Truckload Carriers Association National Fleet Safety Award – 2005, 2006, 2007
- Canadian Transportation & Logistics Shipper’s Choice Award – 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008 & 2009.
- US EPA SmartWay Environmental Excellence Award – 2006 & 2009
- Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies Platinum – since 1994
- OEE National Energy Efficiency Award – 1999 & 2004
- Supply Chain & Logistics Outstanding Innovation Award – 2003
- Canadian Trucking Alliance Fleet Safety Award – 2000
For more information, please contact:Laura La Palme, Sales & Marketing Coordinator 1001 Sherwin Road Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0T8 T: 204.833.0131 F: 204.833.0112 E: [email protected] www.bisontransport.com