Get MOM to raise your profile. Click here.
The Winnipeg Foundation is committed to connecting donors with opportunities to support causes they care about, as well as identifying and responding to the changing needs of our community. The Foundation is also dedicated to responsible stewardship of the funds entrusted to us by donors from all walks of life.
While serving the charitable needs of Winnipeg is our main focus, the Foundation also works closely with community foundations across the province. Through donor advised and designated funds, the Literacy for Life Fund and community grants to organizations located outside the city (but serving Winnipeggers), we support charitable projects throughout Manitoba.
The Foundation also plays a leadership role in Manitoba’s network of 43 community foundations. In 2009, we granted $115,000 to Manitoba community foundations for administrative and financial reporting. We also oversee a matching program that provides $100,000 a year to boost scholarships and bursary funds created by community foundations in the province. In 2009, these scholarships generated more than $58,000 to assist Manitoba students pursuing post secondary education.
Community Foundations in Manitoba include:
• Altona Community Foundation Inc.
• Beautiful Plains Community Foundation Inc.
• Big Grass Community Foundation Inc
• Boissevain and Morton Foundation Inc
• Brandon Area Community Foundation
• Brokenhead River Community Foundation Inc.
• Carberry and Area Community Foundation Inc.
• Carman Area Foundation Inc.
• Cartwright and Area Foundation Inc.
• Coldwell Community Foundation
• Dauphin & District Community Foundation Inc.
• Elkhorn Area Foundation
• Glenboro Area Foundation Inc.
• Grandview & District Community Foundation Inc.
• Holland & Area Community Foundation Inc.
• Interlake Community Foundation
• Killarney Foundation Inc.
• Lac du Bonnet & District Charitable Foundation
• Living Legacy Community Foundation
• Minnedosa Foundation
• Morden Area Foundation
• North Norfolk – MacGregor Foundation Inc.
• Northern Neighbours Foundation, Inc.
• Oak Lake & Area Foundation Inc.
• Pembina Manitou Area Foundation Inc.
• Pilot Mound and District Foundation
• Plum Coulee Community Foundation Inc.
• Portage & District Inc. Community Foundation
• Reston and Area Foundation
• Roblin District Community Foundation
• Selkirk & District Community Foundation Inc.
• Souris Glenwood Foundation Inc.
• Southwest Manitoba Regional Foundation
• Steinbach Community Foundation Inc.
• Sturgeon Community Foundation
• Swan Valley Community Foundation Inc.
• Thompson Community Foundation
• Tiger Hills Community Foundation
• Virden Area Foundation Inc.
• Wawanesa Community Foundation
• Westshore Community Foundation
• Winkler Community Foundation
• Winnipeg Foundation
For a map of Manitoba’s community foundations, and the areas they serve, click here.
MB Community Foundations Regional Map.pdf
For an overview of The Winnipeg Foundation, please click here. For further information, including requesting guest speaker, and making a gift to the community – visit our website at www.wpgfdn.org. You can also listen to podcasts, learn more about our programs and projects, watch agency videos or read CEO Rick Frost’s blog.