Manitobans are encouraged to provide input on Budget 2010 at pre-budget consultations that will be held this month, Finance Minister Rosann Wowchuk announced today.
“There is no question the global economic downturn, investments made to deal with the H1N1 flu and the spring flood have impacted the province’s finances and are posing challenges for Budget 2010,” said Wowchuk. “That’s why these consultations are so important as they will give Manitobans the ability to provide input and present their priorities during difficult economic times.”
The current list of dates and sites includes:
– Jan. 19 at the Seine River Banquet Hall, 80 Arena Rd., Ste. Anne (bilingual presentation) at 7 p.m.;
– Jan. 20 at the Caribbean Cultural Centre, 1100 Fife St., Winnipeg at 7 p.m.;
– Jan. 21 at the Bronx Park Community Club, 720 Henderson Hwy., Winnipeg at 7 p.m.;
– Jan. 25 in Salon A, Keystone Centre, Brandon at 9:30 a.m.;
– Jan. 25 at the Portuguese Cultural Centre, 659 Young St., Winnipeg at 7 p.m.;
– Jan. 26 at the Holy Eucharist Parish Hall, 500 Pacific Ave., Selkirk at 7 p.m.;
– Jan. 29 at The Golden Agers Club, The Kin Centre, 324 Ross Ave., The Pas at 1:30 p.m.; and
– Jan. 29 in the Legion Room, Veterans Community Hall, 119 Sixth Ave. North, Swan River at 7 p.m.
In addition, Manitobans can share their views by emailing the minister at [email protected] or by writing the minister at Budget Consultations, Room 103, Legislative Building, 450 Broadway, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 0V8.